Friday, July 12, 2013


Today, I continued to work on the September 2, 2012 CME. I finished up the final Height vs. Time graph from the STEREO-A after talking to Dr. Dube about the issue I mentioned yesterday. Just as I was finally done with all of the graphs, I realized that I had measured the CMEs from the SOHO satellite starting at the center of the sun, but had done the STEREO-A and STEREO-B measurements starting at the edge of the sun. I had to redo all the measurements and then convert those new measurements from pixels to kilometers! I am now starting to collect all of the data to get the final speed of the CME so that I can predict when it will reach Earth, but I have to ask Dr. Dube on Monday how to standardize all the measurements that I will be getting as I am taking them from various images and instruments. I am anxious to finish at least one CME but feel good, as I am definitely making progress. I also located two more CMEs that took place later that same day, so those will be the next CMEs that I will research.

On another note, all the interns had a BBQ today! I had a delicious hamburger and an amazing fruit salad! I also really enjoyed playing volleyball with the other interns. Tonight, I leave for Niagara Falls with my family for the weekend. I can't wait to see them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment