Tuesday, July 16, 2013

It has been a pretty good day!  Since I finished all the calculations for the September 2 and 3 CMEs, I spent today looking for another one.  All morning I searched, but every time I found data from the SOHO satellite, I couldn't find any from the STEREO-A or B satellite.  This was pretty frustrating.  Finally, at around three in the afternoon, I found a really awesome CME that occurred on August 31, 2012.  I was able to find data for it from all three satellites as well!!  I took the measurements, converted them from pixels to kilometers, and then I even had time to make three Height vs. Time graphs!  Tomorrow, I am going to calculate the speed of this CME, and how long it took to reach Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment