Thursday, July 18, 2013

I finished up the May 5, 2011 CME and my calculated speed was really close to the recorded speed!  I know that I have to look next at how solar wind affects these CMEs, but I want to wait and talk to Dr. Dube about this next step in my research, and he was not here today. I ended up just reading a journal article on the danger of space weather, and another one on a major geomagnetic storm that occurred in September of 1859.  I actually enjoyed reading because I understood a lot of the content, but also was able to learn a lot of new things about the sun! I am not going to be here tomorrow, but hopefully on Monday I can talk to Dr. Dube and start working on the next part of my research!  Also, the first milestone is next Wednesday, and I need to have a title and an abstract prepared. I am definitely going to start that on Monday, but I am pretty comfortable with my topic so it should go smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment